Press "Enter" to skip to content

Protest rocks Defence Ministry over pension delay[VIDEO]

A protest rocked the Ministry of Defence in Abuja on Wednesday as military retirees demanded the implementation of consequential adjustments to their pensions.

Armed soldiers reportedly blocked the ex-servicemen from protesting at the Defence Ministry over the non-implementation of the pension adjustments.

Speaking at the protest ground, one of the ex-servicemen said President Bola Tinubu approved a salary increase for military and paramilitary personnel in November last year, but the adjustment was yet to be implemented.

“Since November last year, the President approved a salary increase for the military and paramilitary personnel, and it has been in the news everywhere.

“The military high command has continued to thank the President at every given opportunity, but this is August 2026 and they are yet to implement it.

“It’s as if it is a scam. This is Nigeria. We served for 35 years. The system is wrong,” he said.

Watch video