(Prince Harry and Meghan. Photo Credit: Forbes)
Prince Harry and Meghan are moving back to the UK later this month, according to online reports.
They’re leaving the US to settle at a private home outside London, with no plans to return to official royal duties.
Their children, Archie and Lilibet, are enrolled to start at a British school in September.
The King was told about the move on Sunday and welcomed the idea of spending more time with his grandchildren in a personal capacity, though it won’t change their official status as private individuals.
Prince William has also been informed.
The couple left the UK in early 2020 to step back from royal life and moved to California.
Their relationship with the Royal Family had been strained, though a visit to the King at his home in July this year appears to have been important.
It was the first time the King had seen his grandchildren face-to-face in over four years.
Harry and Meghan haven’t been in the UK together since Queen Elizabeth’s funeral in 2022.
Security remains a complicated issue.
Harry lost a court case last year over his security entitlements after he stopped being a working royal.
It’s unclear how security will be handled now that they’re returning.
Royal observers described the move as a complete surprise.
Experts noted that enrolling the children in British schools signals they’ll be raised as British rather than American.
The government said it welcomes the move.
Some observers questioned what it might mean for Harry’s relationship with William and how the wider Royal Family will respond.
Harry hinted during his July visit that he missed the UK, which may have influenced the decision.






