Iran’s armed forces have warned countries in the Gulf against providing assistance to the United States military, saying any such support could be regarded as involvement in Washington’s military operations against Tehran.
Iranian Armed Forces Chief of Staff Ali Abdollahi issued the warning on Wednesday, according to Iran’s Mehr news agency.
“We wish to warn that any assistance or facilitation provided to the aggressor US military amounts to participation in the US military operation,” Abdollahi said.
The warning comes amid the ongoing conflict between Iran and the United States, which began on February 28 following US and Israeli strikes on Iran. Tehran responded with missile and drone attacks, including strikes targeting US military installations across the region.
Abdollahi questioned how large numbers of American military aircraft, particularly aerial refuelling planes, could operate from regional bases without the knowledge or approval of the countries hosting those facilities.
“It seems unlikely that such a large number of military aircraft, particularly refuelling aircraft, could be present at regional bases without knowledge of host countries,” he said.
He also addressed Gulf nations that have previously stated that their territories would not be used for attacks against Iran, warning them that Tehran was monitoring developments in the region.
“The countries bordering the Persian Gulf, which have issued various statements saying they would not allow the United States to use their territory against Iran, should know that we are fully aware of the situation,” Abdollahi said.
Iran’s warning comes as the United States prepares to redeploy the USS George Washington aircraft carrier to the Middle East. The vessel is expected to replace the USS Abraham Lincoln, amid reports of deteriorating conditions affecting personnel aboard the latter.






